CEP Grantee Survey 2019
Every four years Blandin Foundation works with the Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) to survey grantees on the strengths and opportunities in our grantmaking. Survey data offers insight on the Foundation’s relationships, processes and structure as compared to other foundations.
The CEP survey is one tool the Foundation uses to assess our work and invite feedback. GlassPockets and GrantAdvisor are two additional tools we use to improve transparency and honest communication with grantees.
CEP Grantee Survey 2019 Highlights
Areas of Strength
- Community Impact: the Foundation ranks in the top 10th percentile among funders in CEP’s dataset for overall impact on local communities.
- Transparency: grantees placed Blandin Foundation in the top 15th percentile for overall transparency.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Grantees strongly agree that their grant and work with the Foundation has enhanced their organization’s ability to engage diverse populations in their work.
Opportunities for Improvement
- Reporting and Evaluation: the Foundation ranked in the 53rd percentile for exchanging ideas regarding assessment during the application or grant period.
- Understanding Nonprofit Challenges: the Foundation rate in the bottom half (45th percentile) for understanding nonprofit challenges.
- Consistent, Frequent Communication: grantees report less frequent and less reciprocal contact with the Foundation’s program officers compared to 2015.